Anyone Can Cake: Your Complete Guide to Making & Decorating Perfect Layer Cakes
by Whitney DePaoli
Anyone Can Cake brings beautiful, artisan cakes within reach of every home baker. Many professional cake artists appear to have a magical touch where every cake they make looks equally perfect and effortless, so it can be intimidating to home bakers. Whitney DePaoli is here to help. As a self-taught cake artist who has been baking cakes from her home kitchen for over a decade, Whitney shares her best tips and hard-won knowledge to answer all of your cake baking questions, help you avoid common mistakes and master the building blocks that make a great cake.
Discover the pride and joy of achieving the perfect consistency buttercream, the right way to crumb coat your cake and beginnerfriendly methods for popular decorating techniques. The book is overflowing with full-page photography, foolproof recipes, handy graphics, reference charts and stepby- step instructions to lead you to complete cake confidence. Whether you are looking for simple classics or creative flavors such as Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake, Double Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cake and Raspberry-Almond Impressionist Cake, the sky is the limit with what you can do.
Allow Whitney to guide your cake journey and prove that everyone can create a stunning layer cake to be proud of.
Learn how to:
• Bake, build and decorate layer cakes, along with all the techniques and tools you’ll need
• Master buttercream frosting, from mixing gorgeous colors to achieving a perfectly smooth finish
• Create ombrés, stripes, Lambeth piping and more with beginner-friendly decorating tutorials
• Level-up your design with in-depth guides for ganache drips, sprinkle placement and perfect piping
Featured resources include:
• Foolproof base recipes such as Favorite Vanilla Cake, One-Bowl Chocolate Cake and Vanilla Buttercream
• Creative recipes for showstopper cakes like Rainbow Striped Milk & Cereal Cake, Chocolate- Covered Strawberry Cake and Snickerdoodle Cake
• Troubleshooting tips and step-by-step instructions for preventing common mishaps every step of the way
• Luscious full-spread photography and visual reference charts
top of page
bottom of page