The Bare Bones Broth Cookbook: 125 Gut-Friendly Recipes to Heal, Strengthen, and Nourish the Body
by Ryan Harvey & Katherine Harvey
From the founders of Bare Bones Broth Company, 125 delicious recipes for making and cooking with the latest food trend that's taking the culinary and wellness communities by storm: bone broth.
Bone broth is one of mankind's oldest foods—and healthiest, boasting one of the most complete nutritional profiles of any food on earth. The collagen, bone, skin, marrow, and fat that is extracted when animal bones simmer in water for hours (or days) are the building blocks of life, containing proteins that help to combat inflammation; boost immunity; strengthen bones; improve hair, skin, and nails; and help a host of digestive issues by promoting optimum gut health.
In The Bare Bones Broth Cookbook, Kate and Ryan Harvey, founders of the artisanal broth manufacturer, Bare Bones Broth Co., show readers how simple, inexpensive, and delicious it is to make their own nutrient-rich broth at home. With foolproof directions for slow-cooking your own broth and more than 100 inventive ideas for incorporating it into everyday meals in delicious new ways, The Bare Bones Broth Cookbook includes:
- 10 signature broth recipes, from beef and chicken to fish and vegetable recipes
- Soups and stews such as Coconut, Beet, and Ginger Soup and a Classic Pho Broth
- Eggs and breakfast, including a Bison Omelet with Yucca Root Hash and a Curried Scramble with Artichokes and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Meat and seafood entrees, from Pan-Seared Tuna with Mushroom Risotto to Slow-Cooked Chipotle Lamb and Pinto Beans
- Sides and salads, such as the Braised Collard Greens with Bacon or Yucca Root Fries
- Sauces and spreads, including Cilantro Chimichurri, Bacon Jam, and Spicy Salsa Verde
Discover the amazing health benefits of bone broth—the power of delicious food is only a stockpot away with The Bare Bones Broth Cookbook.
Publisher: Harper Wave
Publication Date: Jan 19, 2016
Size: 7 x 9in